1) What is 'toxic childhood'? (overview)
2) Too much too soon -- the significance of the first seven years
3) The state of play -- the hijacking of children's natural learning drive by commercial forces
4) 21st century literacy -- the clash between old and new technologies.
5) Gender war -- differences in terms of children's developmental trajectory (how far these are a matter of nature/nurture and how much they're now being exaggerated -- in the worst possible ways -- by consumer culture)
In addition to the seminar by Sue Palmer the event features short bonus appearances by:
- Shaykh Ahmed Babikir (Imam of Islamia School London and Chairman of Ulfa Aid),
- Shaykh Dr Mohammed Akram Nadwi (Islamic Scholar and Research Fellow at Oxford University) - video,
- Sister Suma Din (Author of Children's and Adult's Books) and
- Representative of SISTERS Magazine (The Magazine for Fabulous Muslim Women).
Please register at: http://www.21stcenturychildren.org.uk/p/registration.html